Herpes Home > Valtrex and Safety Concerns
Drug Interactions With ValtrexValtrex can potentially interact with a number of medicines (see Valtrex Drug Interactions).
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider Before Taking Valtrex?You should talk with your healthcare provider before taking Valtrex if you have:
- Kidney disease or kidney failure (renal failure)
- Had a bone marrow transplant or kidney transplant
- HIV or AIDS
- Problems with the immune system or immune system disorders, such as cancer
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Valtrex During Pregnancy)