Herpes Home > Valtrex
Valtrex is used to treat conditions related to the herpes virus, including shingles, cold sores, chickenpox, and genital herpes. The drug helps the body fight the infection by preventing the virus from multiplying. It also can help the outbreak to heal quicker. Potential side effects of Valtrex include a headache, nausea, and depression. It is important to take the medication as prescribed in order for it to work properly.
What Is Valtrex?
- Treating shingles in adults
- Treating cold sores in adults and children
- Treating chickenpox in children
- Treating genital herpes in adults
- Preventing recurrent genital herpes outbreaks in adults
- Decreasing the spread of herpes to sexual partners in adults.